The weird study programme of my career


    So one of the things that really annoys me about my career is that my career is weird. What I'm trying to

say is that it's really confusing sometimes, the university has this vision of making professionals educated

to make changes for the good of the country and because of this they take complex decisions, like combining

humanists' vision with technical ways of educating. I don't think that this is a problem really, i like it, but for

the majority that entered this career to make videos or film in a technical non so political way, it's so

confusing and frustrating.




The worst part is that there is not enough time to get everything done. 5 years for this career is too little time,

because here we’re techached about communication but for that they have to teach us about sociology,

anthropology, semiology, journalism, etc. And in the other side we have arts, photography, sound and

sound design  (close to sound engineering), writing (scripts), editing (nerdy pc stuff), and a lot of technical

equipment to understand. It has so much variety that sometimes it's too much, Uni wants us to do and

learn a lot in basically no time, because it’s not just 50% humanist 50% technical, but it’s also 50% theoretical

and 50% practical so aaaaaaaaaaaaaah yeah.





I don’t know how to fix this, if there was a fix they would have already applied it. It’s just that this career

in this university is still experimental and the study mesh is still in the works year by year. I just hope that

this gets better for newer students.    

Comments

  1. Hi Miguel,

    I'm very surprised. In journalism we think that 5 years is A LOT and in cinema it's the opposite. Two ways of seeing the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see it very difficult to make a non-political cinema... and editing is much more than pc stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miguel, I agree, I have heard that film students always lack time. Maybe, the university should correct your program of study.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment